Slash was the only genre of literature I had ever found that followed the characters into bed and back out of it; that investigated and demonstrated how the people they were outside of bed were connected to the people they were in bed; that modeled how to be with someone in everyday life, go to bed with them, and then wake up next to them and continue everyday life with them. In slash, ‘everyday life’ wasn’t differentiated from ‘sex life.’ Who people were outside of bed and during the day critically, obviously, demonstrably influenced how they behaved in bed with each other, and vice versa …. The two parts of life weren’t disjunct; indeed, they were crucially connected, mutually influential, even indivisible. In fact, that indivisibility was often the whole point.
—Blogger Shoshanna, quoted in “Sherlock as Cyborg: Bridging Mind and Body,” in Sherlock and Transmedia Fandom,
eds. Stein and Busse (McFarland, 2012). (via professorfangirl
Stupid Tag Game. ‘Though, I’m still doing it.
Rule 1 - Post the rules.
Rule 2 - Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3 - Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4 - Let them know you’ve tagged them.
Who the sodden hell tagged me: stuckwithharrypottertilltheend.
- Do you enjoy seeing me in your dash? Yes I do! Daily dose of Potter
- Favourite quote from Harry Potter? TOO MANY. REALLY.
- Do you have any additional scenes to add into the book series? If so, what are they? I really liked the idea of Draco throwing his wand to Harry. That scene they filmed but never used. Should’ve been in the books.
- OTPs. Harry Potter or any other fandom. Drarry, Johnlock, 1x2, Janto, akuroku, nezushi,
- What other fandom are you in? BBC Sherlock, Doctor Who, Kingdom Hearts, No.6
- Are you grateful for joining Tumblr? It’s a lifestyle. Addiction. Yes and no.
- Any phobias? Fire. Scared to death.
- Who would you date from the Harry Potter cast and why? ….Tom Felton. Because of reasons.
- Nationality? Finnish
- What would your patronus be? Sofia and Miro says it would be a swan. I don’t know if I agree.
- Explain to me how you found me on Tumblr. Uhhh I think I ran across you in the Drarry tag, followed and then we talked about fics! 8>
Be sure to tag me after you’ve answered my questions! xx
My questions for you:
- What flavour Bertie Bott’s Beans would you feed your worst enemy?
- What was your first fandom?
- A book you think I should read?
- Your favorite fanfic ever?
- How many blogs do you follow on here?
- Tell me something you associate with me.
- What would you like on your pizza?
- What position would you play in Quidditch?
- First username online?
- Where were you 5 years ago?
- Favorite game?
TAGGED PEOPLE IN THE TAGS. : >